At the Parsonage Inn we want our breakfasts to be one of the highlights of your stay. Served either on our beautiful patio or in our cozy dining room, we always use fresh organic and locally sourced produce, herbs and vegetables from our veggie beds. Our menus are varied daily and we’ll happily accommodate dietary needs, just let us know in advance.
Our organic eggs come from Lake Farm Gardens an Orleans local farm, we source our vegetables from a small local store that generally offers local and organic produce. If we offer bacon or sausage it’s always nitrate free! As you can see, this is our passion and guiding philosophy. We have three raised veggie and herbs beds, to offer home picked produce, not “farm to table”, but “garden to table” fresh produce.
Our breakfasts always include fresh organic fruit, homemade granola (click here for the recipe) and often it will include Bircher muesli (you have to try it!). We try to stay clear of heavy cakes/muffins but you have to try our white chocolate and raspberry mini muffins (small is good!), tangy orange yogurt cake (made with our own Seville Orange Marmalade), or gluten free macaroons filled with mascarpone and chocolate raspberry shard. And there’s nothing better for breakfast than freshly brewed coffee, including cappuccino or expresso (new for 2017), and a variety of teas.
And, to whet your appetite, here’s a summary of dishes you can expect;
- Pain perdu, (eggie bread in English), almond croissant French toast, or creamy orange French toast, with maple peppered roasted bacon
- Warm breakfast croissant, filled with avocado, eggs, prosciutto and pea shoots
- “Things on toast”, including chorizo scrambled eggs with pesto bruschetta, fig, ham and cheese Panini
- Scrumptious buffets, with warm homemade breads, selection of hams and cheeses from our Farm Shop, savory bread pudding, roasted vegetable fritatta.
- Thin herb omelette, stuffed with smoked salmon, avocado, mustard sour cream and dill dressing, with roasted tomatoes
Freshly prepared each morning, to offer something out of the ordinary and unusual to enjoy.
We are a “high fructose corn syrup” and nitrate free Inn!
Lastly, read about our ideals in the spring 2016 Edible CapeCod edition
Cape Cod Restaurants & Dining in Our Area
We are spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants in Orleans. There are two excellent restaurants just a five minute walk from our Inn and plenty more a five minute drive away in Orleans. Check our restaurant critic guide from our own guests reviews. Opposite the Inn is Nauset Farms shop, providing wonderful home-made sandwiches, deli food, family butcher, wine/beers and patisseries. Don’t forget to grab one of our ice boxes for the day!