Take a look at a map of Cape Cod and you’ll see Orleans is right in the center of the Cape, effectively its elbow, so the perfect spot to experience some of the best restaurants on the Cape and in particular around Orleans. Whether it’s a craving for fresh seafood, a classic lobster luncheon, or perhaps an evening of fine dining, there is something for every palate, all within 20 minutes of the Inn.
Here are some of our favorites in no particular order:
- Just a five minute walk from the Inn, Nauset Beach Club is a traditional elegant restaurant that specialises in Northern Italian cuisine, with a focus on fresh local ingredients often grown in their own veggie and herb raised beds.
- ABBA, “a renovated 1830’s barn that has been the stage where Erez Pinhas has conceived and presented some of the most inventive cuisine in New England – a remarkably long run for a small, chef owned establishment“. Condé Nast
- The Beacon Room elegant and popular restaurant offering contemporary American with an Italian flare.
- Captain Linnell House is a romantic mansion that Captain Ebeneezer Linnell built for his bride in 1840. With a sprawling lawn and gardens filled with wisteria and lavender, this stately home is a favorite spot for Cape Cod wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners. The restaurant serves dinner nightly from 5pm.
- The Rock Harbor Grill is all about great food prepared with fresh, quality ingredients with a passion for flavor and style! Owner Chuck Konner and Head Chef Stuart Hirsch both bring a wealth of fine restaurant experience to this unique Lower Cape establishment.
- Vers, meaning “fresh” in Dutch, is a vibrant and casually elegant restaurant, located in downtown Orleans, offering a modern American menu that embraces regional seasonality and freshness. “Owners Jonathan and Karen Haffmans are back to doing what they do best: jewel-box plating, crystal-clear flavors, aha-moment flavor combinations. Don’t miss the tuna tartare, the pastas, or the “Truth or Dare” dessert, composed table-side”. New England Today Travel
- The Alley Bowl & BBQ in Orleans features 12 candle pin lanes, a house smoked BBQ restaurant, a full bar in a casual, friendly atmosphere.The menu includes house smoked signature meat trays (ribs, brisket, chicken, pork) smoked low and slow for hours.
- Barley Neck Inn voted one of the top ten on Cape Cod by Yankee Magazine, applauded by the Boston Globe and by USA Today. The four intimate dining rooms are housed in a 1868 Sea Captain’s home. Enjoy weekend live entertainment spot and BNI’s renowned selection of top-shelf cocktails and value-priced wines.
- Mac’s Shack updates old-fashioned favorites, like cracker-crusted bluefish—with a light touch, and creates new classics from grilled oysters to halibut in saffron lobster broth. Nightly specials explore a world of flavors: Sea scallops with green curry. Skate in browned butter. Crudos and ceviches. Don’t forget their cocktails!
- A Taste of France on Cape Cod. The PB Boulangerie Bistro experience is about enjoying delicious food in a welcoming, elegant, and modern atmosphere every day of the year. Owner Chef Philippe Rispoli is highly respected and travelled, who earned his first Michelin Star at the Daniel Boulud Brasserie at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas Nevada.
This is just a sample, we have a long list of other local restaurants including; Land-Ho, Guapo’s, Jailhouse, Mahoney’s, Yardarm. And let’s not forget some wonderfully fresh and casual café spots that offer takeouts, including The Knack, Corner Store, Sunbird, Viv’s Kitchen and Chocolate Sparrow.
The Parsonage Inn
The Parsonage Inn is just minutes from both the ocean and bayside beaches. The Inn is opposite one of the best Farm shops on the Cape, close to gorgeous local gift shops, restaurants and the highly rated Sundae School ice cream . Each of our rooms are individually appointed and we offer a delicious organic breakfast each morning.
Reserve your room today, we look forward to welcoming you to Orleans Cape Cod soon.